2006-03-12

I hate spammers

you may remember that I have comment moderation turned on, to fight spam. when a comment comes in (as usually happens after a new post, because new posts appear on the front page and the spammers watch it), it gets sent to me by email, and if it's spam, I reject it.

today, I got two moderation requests (for spam comments) in my email, followed by two email notices that those comments had been PUBLISHED!

take a look at Even More Hello Worlds. there they are. I deleted them, of course.

can anybody suggest a blog host other than Blogger or WordPress.com?

Technorati tags: Blogger, spam.

2 comments:

at 3/13/2006 02:40:00 PM, Blogger Andy Kim said...

I know you said other than wordpress.com and blogger, but wordpress.com comes with a pretty good spam filter called Akismet. So far it has stopped all spams for me.

 
at 3/13/2006 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Peter Hosey said...

but it doesn't seem to support uninterpolated XHTML in posts. it even seems to strip <span>, which takes out a lot of the formatting from my posts imported from Blogger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home